Solvency in the Sun
SOFE 2017 Career Development Seminar
July 23 – July 27
JW Marriott Marco Island
Marco Island, FL
SOFE's 2017 Career Development Seminar will be held at the JW Marriott Marco Island, Marco Island, FL, we are excited to provide the premier educational seminar for state insurance department regulators and contract examiners. Highlights of our Seminar include outstanding keynote speakers, meaningful educational sessions, valuable networking opportunities, and our Sunday Night Beach Party Social.
Educational sessions at the 2017 Seminar will be 50 or 75 minutes in length and will be presented by a mix of current members and professionals in the insurance field. All sessions must qualify for continuing education credits with SOFE, NASBA and/or ISACA. Potential subject areas include:
- Recent NAIC or State Insurance Department Activities
- Statutory Accounting Updates
- Activities in the International Accounting Arena (Regulation and Capital Developments)
- Risk Focused Examination Issues and Concerns
- Risk Focused Financial Analysis Matters
- Examination Related Methodology, Techniques or Tips
- Specific Technical Training Focused in the Areas of: Reinsurance, Taxation, Actuarial Sciences, or Investments
- Information Technology Related Issues and Concerns
- Corporate Governance/ Corporate Governance Annual Disclosure
- General Business and Hot Topics Applicable to SOFE Members
- Enterprise Risk Management
- ORSA Filing Reviews including Analysis communication with the Company
- Internal Controls
- Incorporating interim exam test work into the full-scope examination process
There will be a mixture of general and breakout sessions allowing members the opportunity to network, while also providing classroom environments for learning through individual lectures and panel discussions.
The registration fees are $575 for members, $725 for non-members, and $345 for retirees all prior to 6/23. After 6/23, all rates increase $100. Registration will open early April.
The rates for the JW Marriott are $189/night plus a resort fee and applicable taxes.
Please view 2017 SOFE CDS Sponsorship Opportunities here.